Our Verification of Conformity services help to ensure that shipments conform to local importing standards in order to be cleared at destination.
Cotecna runs a series of Verification of Conformity programmes in the following destinations:
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Saudi Arabia
Each programme is designed to ensure that the quality and safety regulations of an importing country are met, thereby protecting consumers and the environment while at the same time building a business’s reputation.
We issue a Certificate of Conformity (COC) as quickly as possible to guarantee the quality and safety of a shipment, and ensure its smooth clearance through customs.
We assess conformity before a shipment sets sail, from diligent verification of documentation and sample collection for laboratory analysis to physical inspections of goods.
Our programmes provide numerous advantages for both governments as well as exporters and importers.
For governments, we help to:
- Eliminate customs bottlenecks in importing country
- Reduce storage issues at ports
- Guarantee all imported products are compliant with international and local standards
- Reinforce consumer safety
- Build local customs competencies through training and capacity building programmes
- Ensure conformity with WTO Technical Barriers to Trade agreement
For exporters/importers, we help to:
- Provide faster customs clearance
- Reduce need for local laboratory analysis or additional testing
- Offer better consumer protection against dangerous, substandard or counterfeit products
- Protect local industry from unfair competition due to poor quality imports